Re: Gather a list of confusions beginner tend to have

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Subject: Re: Gather a list of confusions beginner tend to have
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 00:17:16 +0300

On 2020-09-10 20:28 +03, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:
> What you wrote is, IMO, quite helpful (and interesting).  Thx.

Thanks for your nice words! I’m glad it was of any use!

> [You might consider a fun "humanities" project of
> working on (yet another) Emacs tour/tutorial/video.
> Sounds like you'd have something to offer in this
> regard.  By "working" on, I mean anything from
> coming up with something new to critiquing/improving
> something that already exists.]

That’s actually part of a long term project of mine: a Computing for
Social Sciences course because we increasingly rely on more than just
statistics within these fields, yet very little can operate a computer
properly for the life of theirs.  But I will try to come up with an
intro or overview of Emacs in the shorter term, maybe I do manage to
make some things clearer and more approachable for some folk, given
there might be some ‘aligned needs’.

W.r.t. critique of Emacs, I doubt my critique would be of any use,
because I’m fine with the status quo.  I’m learning the ways of ‘kids
these days’ along with you folks, really.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427