Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Making GNUS continue to work with Gmail
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2020 09:44:16 +0000

Just as a curiosa: have you guys thought about asking Google for help/clarification? Can't FSF send a mail to Google lawyers/devs and ask what has to be done get FSF/GNU software work with Google services? Of course there is no sure that Google will answer in any meaningful way if at all, but have you tried?

Yes, that's what I and others suggested some two weeks ago. (I also provided a contact at Google.)

OTOH, it's already clear that Google will not adapt their terms to please the GNU Project or the FSF. Apple, Microsoft, Thunderbird, Kmail, Mutt, and so forth are all subjected to those same terms.

Gregory