Re: Move newsticker to elpa?

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: Move newsticker to elpa?
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 19:40:49 +0200

Sorry for the long delay.

I could now start to move newsticker to ELPA.  The first step would be

a) remove newsticker's el and texi files from the Emacs repository (in
   master branch),
b) put them into the ELPA repository (in master branch),
c) make additions and changes to make the new package work, and
d) publish the new package.

All steps (at least a-c) would be pushed "simultaneously" in order to
avoid the temporary disappearance of newsticker.

I am not sure what to do with newsticker mentions in etc/AUTHORS.

The next steps would then be to work on newsticker in the ELPA repo and
leave the Emacs repo alone.

Except from the AUTHORS question things look pretty straightforward -- I
am sure I missed something.  Please tell me what it is.

ulf