Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 08:45:41 +0300

> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2020 03:43:41 +0300
>
> Doesn't the Commentary cover most (all?) of the above?

Documenting stuff in the commentary is better than nothing, but it is
sub-optimal: our Help commands don't scan comments, so the information
that is only in comments is less discoverable, certainly by users.

Therefore, I think any information important to users should be in doc
strings and the manual, not just in comments.