Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Opaque objects and Emacs documentation
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 17:02:53 +0300

> From: Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 10:16:59 +0100

> >> Nope, that goes to the end of node "(emacs) Project File Commands", even
> >> from "emacs -Q".
> >
> > And how is that a problem?
>
> Because it does not match the question asked. You claimed that the 2nd
> hit in the search for "project" would land at the "Working with
> Projects" node, but does not do so.
>
> It is not a problem, but your answer was not accurate.

I apologize for being inaccurate (it was accurate in Emacs 27, where
there's a single section devoted to project.el functionality).

My point, though, is that for the use case where the user has no idea
what can be done with project.el, and asks him/herself "what is this
Project thing", getting to a subsection of that section in a couple of
keystrokes is "good enough".