Re: "whether the global keymap C-x 4 will be replaced by a command,"

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "whether the global keymap C-x 4 will be replaced by a command,"
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 00:07:25 -0400

> Then it could bind `overriding-terminal-local-map` (instead of using
> `set-transient-map`)

Not sure what's the difference.

> and also bind `display-buffer-overriding-action`
> (instead of using `display-buffer-override-next-command`).

Neither do I understand what's better about "bind
`display-buffer-overriding-action`" compared to using
`display-buffer-override-next-command`.

> This will also solve the problem of setting `default-directory`
> for `C-x p p` (project-switch-project).  As explained in
> https://debbugs.gnu.org/41890#196
> currently it's not possible to bind the value of `default-directory`
> for the next command, but with a closure the variable binding will have
> the effect during the next command.

This sounds like it might benefit from using a trick like the one I use
in `mule-cmds--prefixed-command-pch` in order to let-bind
`coding-system-for-read/write` around the call of the next command.

        Stefan