Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Theodor Thornhill
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 07:43:57 +0000

No, it isn't. I'm working on a single project, but need to look
outside of its directory to find some information. A very natural
thing to do, and it doesn't mean I started working on another
project. More importantly, I do want that Grep buffer be available to
me as part of the current project, because I'm likely to return there
more than once.

What if we offer this workflow:

- the git implementation of the backend offers only file bound  alternatives. To me that seems kind of reasonable, since its task is to track actual files and ignores.

- in addition, we offer something similar to org-add-to-agenda-files. Then my *xref*, Andriis inferior python, shells and whatever you want to add can be added.

- obviously we then need an option to delete files from that new list

I imagine this being implemented just with a new defvar- project-additional-buffers, or something like that.

Then switch to buffer just adds them as well.

Could something like this be viable?

Theo