Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:24:41 +0300

> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 17:18:17 +0300
>
> On 19.06.2020 17:11, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > So
> > if I start Emacs from somewhere inside the directory hierarchy rooted
> > at the project's root, then*scratch*,*Messages*, and temporary
> > buffers I create with "C-x b" will be considered to be part of the
> > project?  Does this really make sense?
>
> We can add scratch and Messages to the skip-conditions by default.

What about the others, though?  I wouldn't even expect *XREF* to be
eligible, as that is a kind-of "service" buffer to which I don't
really switch, I let the relevant commands put me there when needed.

Likewise for Eshell and Occur -- why are those candidates?  Basically,
any buffer whose name is *SOMETHING* should be by default excluded, I
think those that should be included are the exceptions, not the rule.

More generally, I question the wisdom of judging by the
default-directory in the first place.  Can't we come up with a better,
more specific criterion?