Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects

From: Basil L. Contovounesios
Subject: Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 12:27:30 +0100

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> On 29.05.2020 02:05, Basil L. Contovounesios wrote:
>
>> Could the contents of the project-list file comprise easily readable,
>> printable, and even extensible sexps?
>> Could project-switch-project reuse read-multiple-choice or similar?
>
> I'm attaching a patch that makes it use read-multiple-choice, check it
> out.

Thanks.

> But I'm not sure the result looks better than what we have now.

You're right, it doesn't look as good, and what we have now is fine.

But as far as I'm concerned that's a bug with read-multiple-choice that
should eventually be fixed so that it can be used in more places.

With that in mind, I wonder whether project-switch-commands should use
character rather than string keys.  Or would that be too limiting?

--
Basil