Re: Just a thought about comment-line

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Just a thought about comment-line
Date: Sun, 31 May 2020 13:15:57 -0400

> For block commenting, `comment-dwim' doesn't let
> you nest and unnest a given level of commenting,

It automatically decides whether to comment or to uncomment, indeed.

> and control the number of comment chars used, etc.

Hmm... works for me.  At least `C-u 5 M-;` seems to correctly use 5 `#`
chars to comment the region when used in a Makefile.

>> FWIW I agree with you: a region that ends at the physical start of
>> line, before indentation, should not be considered to include that
>> line.
> FWIW, I too agree about this.

Right, as a general rule, the LF char belongs to the line that it
terminates, so a position at BOL is really "between lines".
Of course, that would require a special case when START=END=BOL.

        Stefan