Re: Interest in nt_load_image?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Interest in nt_load_image?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 01:21:34 +0200

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 6:17 PM Juan José García-Ripoll <address@hidden> wrote:

> if GDI+ support is dropped in
> the near future (which I doubt, given it is also supported by Direct2D), it can
> be almost trivially replaced with Windows Image Component, which is the more
> modern interface.

Is there any advantage in using Windows Imaging Component?

I mean, if as Eli suggests you're going to dynamically check for GDI+ support and revert back to the current API in Windows 9X, it is feasible to check for Windows Imaging Component when Emacs runs on modern Windows and use it if available? Does it offer any advantage?

Just curious.