Re: On elisp running native

From: Spenser Truex
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 07:21:29 -0700

Andrea Corallo <address@hidden> writes:

> In case this is of interest I'd love to see it as feature branch to
> better collect feedback and work on its evolution.

I have a comment about `1.6 Compiler hints'
http://akrl.sdf.org/gccemacs.html#org7d51b3b

I think it is better to avoid using separate symbol for each hint, and instead
use on that looks like a normal prefix notation.

(comp-hint-cons x)  --> (comp-hint cons x)

This keeps the namespace cleaner. Also, consider the situation of specifying
multiple types, which may be desired at some point:

(comp-hint (cons fixnum...) x)

which can't be done symbolically

(comp-hint-cons-fixnum-...? x)
(comp-hint-fixnum-cons...? x)

All this compiler stuff is way over my head, so if my syntactic taste is
overshadowed by a more important consideration I will not be surprised.
Hope it helps.

--
Spenser Truex
spensertruex.com