Re: On elisp running native

From: Zhu Zihao
Subject: Re: On elisp running native
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 03:14:27 +0800

Thanks for your quick reply, Andrea! I temporarily turn the comp-speed to 0 and
less memories was required during the compilation. And the eln files are still
faster than elc files. Amazing works!

IMO, leim files may not need to be native-compiled. If you check those files,
you will found that they just some macros and tons of alists that map input
codes
to characters. So they just need to be byte-compiled(to do the macro-expansion).

Another question is, polymorphic functions defined by `cl-defmethod` can't be
native compiled. `cl-defmethod` generates and byte-compile dynamic lambda to
support runtime multi-dispatch. I' m wondering is that any way to make
`cl-defmethod` compatible with native-comp, maybe Stefan Monnier have more ideas
on this.