Re: Extend gdb to filter registers

From: Yuan Fu
Subject: Re: Extend gdb to filter registers
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2020 12:57:58 -0500

> Frankly, given Martin's input, I don't understand how will that solve
> the problem, because display-buffer is still being called, and so it
> could under some circumstances still decide to create a new window.
>
> Am I missing something?

The issue I’m having is that, under normal circumstances, which means there
exists a source window, I expect gdb-mi to always reuse that source window (and
not create new ones); however gdb-mi doesn’t do that when stepping.

Note that in `gdb-goto-breakpoint`, `display-buffer` doesn’t run if
`gdb-display-source-buffer` can find a source window.

The reason that `gdb-goto-breakpoint` does the right thing is because it tries
`gdb-display-source-buffer` first, and only use `display-buffer` if
`gdb-display-source-buffer` fails (can’t find a source window).

Yuan