Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 00:12:57 +0100

I submitted a proposed patch as bug #38927
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=38927) a few hours ago
since I thought this thread got ignored. It wasn't enough to just
decouple non-interactive from the "failsafe": it got rusty in the
meanwhile and no longer worked after just adding "(not
noninteractive)" condition. In the patch I didn't try to unify your
"failsafe" mode with non-interactive use, since I don't really know
what you wrote the commit for.

But yes, it does look logical to unify the two cases. I would try
removing the failsafe mode altogether, add sth. like

    (let ((backtrace-to-stderr (or noninteractive
[current-failsafe-condition]))) ...

and replace the two uses of `noninteractive' later with this new
variable. But I don't really know how to test this.

Paul