Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations

From: Paul Pogonyshev
Subject: Re: Backtrace printing in batch mode ignores all customizations
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2020 16:49:39 +0100

Here is a proposed patch that unifies the two print-backtrace-and-quit
cases (batch mode and the failsafe). The patch is large mostly because
of required reindenting, in fact only 15-20 lines are changed. I
tested that it works as expected in batch mode, but don't know how to
test the failsafe, I never did this. Please test yourself. I also
verified that it doesn't change the normal (interactive) backtrace.

How I tested in batch mode:

$ emacs --batch --eval "(let ((debug-on-error t)) (require 'registry)
(defun bar () (bar)) (defun foo (x) (bar)) (foo (registry-db)))"

- must use `cl-prin1' for the dummy registry object;
- must properly cut out the middle from the intentionally very long backtrace.

I don't have access to Emacs repository, so I cannot apply it myself.
I can only write emails and hope that someone applies the patches or
otherwise does something about the problem.

Paul