Re: Using images in tabs

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Using images in tabs
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 15:47:12 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> Meanwhile I tried to scale svg, and the result is not great.
> Scaling up makes the image blurred, and scaling down makes the
> image smeared.

Emacs calls the svg library which generates a bunch of pixels that we
then tell X (or whatever) to scale.  This is always going to be blurry.

Instead if you want to scale svg properly, you have to give a :scaling
of 1 (and not :max-width etc) and then somehow instruct the svg library
to render it at whatever size you want to.  Perhaps altering the XML is
the easiest...

> Another problem is that svg background is not transparent -
> it takes the background color from the default face.

The backgrounds are transparent, but we render it towards some
background or other.