Re: Using images in tabs

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Using images in tabs
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 23:33:21 +0300

>> I don't know, I'm using HiDPI and see no problems.  But maybe if
>> someone prefers Double HiDPI with huge scaling, then we could provide
>> larger images.  Is it possible to detect such scaling in Emacs?
>
> xg_get_scale and friends?  (For gtk-ish Emacsen.)

Maybe xg_get_scale should be exposed to Lisp, then find-image
could use it to choose a suitable image specification among e.g.

etc/images/icons/hicolor/16x16/
etc/images/icons/hicolor/24x24/
etc/images/icons/hicolor/32x32/
etc/images/icons/hicolor/48x48/
etc/images/icons/hicolor/128x128/
etc/images/icons/hicolor/scalable/

Similar subdirs could be added to other images as well
because this problem exists for other features, e.g. for
subtree arrows in customization buffers, tool-bar icons, etc.