Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: A project-files implementation for Git projects
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:33:22 +0300

On 11.09.2019 14:00, Tassilo Horn wrote:
Yes, I guess ideally it would take a list of vc-states like up-to-date,
edited, needs-update (probably with the exclusion of unregistered) and
list the files in any of the given states.

Why exclude unregistered? I don't imagine they would slow anything down.

In addition to states, the command will likely need a second argument: the list of ignores. It can default to whatever Git ignores already, but we could also just pass the whole list of ignores anyway.

Speaking of ignores format, maybe they should just be whatever the backend in question understands, e.g. the contents of gitignore verbatim.