Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-funct

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-function-name-face
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:10:23 +0300

> Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 18:56:08 +0200
> From: Jostein Kjønigsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: "Stefan Monnier" <address@hidden>,
>  "Ergus via Emacs development discussions." <address@hidden>
>
>  You mean, except requiring all the other major modes to implement it,
>  including those outside the Emacs core?  No other objections.
>
> I don’t think that’s a fair way of putting it.
>
> Giving major-mode authors more options with regard to faces they can use in
> their modes, does in no way
> -force- major-mode authors into using those if they don’t think they provide
> value.

The moment new faces are added I expect users to start complaining
that these faces are not supported by this and that foo-mode.  So mode
authors aren't forced to implement them only in theory, IMO.

This is just my opinion.  You asked a question, and I gave my answer
to it.  When you ask a question, you should be prepared to hear some
answers that you may not like, right?