Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-funct

From: Jostein Kjønigsen
Subject: Re: bat-mode: Inconsistent fontification. Consider using font-lock-function-name-face
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2019 06:29:58 +0200

On 9/9/19 11:41 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:

FWIW, most modes distinguish function-definitions from
function-references (aka function-calls), and I think that's a good
thing (I like my definition to be highlighted in bold, but I like my
function calls not to be highlighted at all).

        Stefan

Working mostly with OOP-related languages where functions can be contained in both types -and- variables, I find the opposite is true for me.

Either way, isn't that a good argument to create dedicated font-lock faces for those different uses, so that people with different preferences can customize Emacs to their preferences?

For instance font-lock-function-name-face and font-lock-function-call-face ?

Again, are there any objectively negative or adverse side-effects of adding more default-faces which authors can use and users can customize?

--
Vennlig hilsen
Jostein Kjønigsen

address@hidden 🍵 address@hidden