Re: Question about display engine

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 13:31:34 +0200

Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019 11:08:25 +0200
From: Ergus <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden

>> In org-mode, many faces by default are underlined to indicate a section
>> limit or just to highlight a section's header (I just started to use
>> org-mode). So inserting the dfci functionality will expose the issue
>> with this underlines too much.
>
>I expect Org mode to underline only the headers, excluding the
>following newline, in which case the issue we are discussing shouldn't
>matter.  Isn't this the case?

No.

In gui it is if no dfci mode is enabled.

But in tui the underline extends until the end of the line always.

Sorry, I don't understand.  It sounds like you are answering not the
question I asked, but some other question.

Hi:

The dfci mode exposes the issue 36858 in org-mode because:

Org mode underlines only the headers in gui if no dfci mode is
enabled, else the underline is extended until the indicator+1 character.

But in tui the underline extends until the end of the line always, so
the indicator looks pretty bad. That's what started this thread
actually. The incoherence between both interfaces.