Re: The netsec thread

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: The netsec thread
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2019 21:08:05 +0200

I've now done some testing of the netsec branch, and it basically looks
good to me.  It's a bit too detailed in the warnings it presents to the
user -- the original idea was to keep the level of detail down so that
it won't scare away everyone but security professionals, and it's now
rather scary.

I've only skimmed the patch set -- it's 2200 lines, but I've got one
question to Robert: The patches that add `network-lookup-address-info'
went into the netsec branch.  Was there any particular reason for that?
They seem rather unrelated.  (It does look like a useful addition,
though.)

So my plan here is to wait a few days to see whether there are any
further comments, and then merge the branch into the trunk.  I will then
do some cosmetic touch-ups; mostly moving all new details displayed on
the first warning screen to the "details" page.

Sound OK to everybody?