Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: A target that's even more bootstrap?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 20:03:12 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:12:07 +0200
>
> > So I understand one thing extraclean doesn't do is remove the *.elc
> > files; let's add that.  What else?
>
> I'm comparing a fresh clone with what's in the repo after a make; make
> extraclean.  I've made a summary first and include the full list as an
> attachment.
>
> diff --unified /tmp/fresh /tmp/extra | grep "^\\+" | grep -v /.git/ >
> /tmp/diff

Thanks.

So if you delete all of these, then a simple "make" performs a full
bootstrap, just like in a fresh checkout?  If so, all we need is add
to extraclean the commands to delete these files (I guess to the
respective Makefile.in files in the subdirectories).  And then Bob
will be our uncle again.