Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: `message' not outputting the newline "atomically"
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 18:41:17 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 16:12:47 +0200
>
> When lines are output as a unit (and we're below OS-dependent block
> sizes, I guess), we're guaranteed that two processes outputting lines
> won't have them stomp on each other.

I agree with Andreas: we aren't.  It's just sheer luck if this happens
(probably because the time window for mixing output is small).

>   INFO     Scraping files for autoloads...
>   INFO     Scraping files for autoloads...20%   GEN
> ../../lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/javat-wy.el
>
>   GEN      ../../lisp/cedet/semantic/wisent/js-wy.el

If you are annoyed by this (I am not), use the -O option of Make (and
make sure you have a recent enough version of it to support that).
Caveat: doing that might slow down the build.