Re: [ELPA] New package: xr

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: xr
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2019 10:37:47 +0100

2 feb. 2019 kl. 19.41 skrev Clément Pit-Claudel <address@hidden>:

> The expansion issue is indeed a bit of a problem.  It's also why I don't use
> rx often, in fact.

The verbosity of rx is very much a question of habituation. It is to me a very
small price to pay for its numerous advantages.
I recommend reading Olin Shivers's original SRE text
[https://scsh.net/docu/post/sre.html] for a well-reasoned rationale.

> By the way, could forms like "[A-Za-z]" be converted to a more compact
> representation? At the moment xr produces (any "A-Z" "a-z"), but it seems
> that (any "A-Za-z") would work as well and be shorter.

That's a close call, but I tried it and it's probably no less readable so I
made the change. Thank you.