Re: Emacs Mac port

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 19:47:29 +0900

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 10:07:11 +0900,
Aaron Madlon-Kay wrote:

> > It is supposed to build without /usr/include
>
> My understanding is that it's not /usr/include that was the problem,
> but rather headers in /System/Library/Frameworks and
> /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks that were bad. The High Sierra CLI
> tools package installs these, whereas the Mojave package does not,
> thus requiring macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg to fix.

> > You seem to use MacPorts rather than Homebrew.  Could you send me the
> > exact error messages when building the Mac port after temporary
> > renaming /usr/include to some other name?
>
> macOS's SIP (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Integrity_Protection)
> prevents me from merely renaming /usr/include, and it's a pain to turn
> on and off, so I apologize but I'm not willing to do this.

Oh, I thought macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg would only install
header files into /usr/include, but that is not the case actually.
Thanks for clarifying this.  Never mind about renaming /usr/include.
I hope there is a way to uninstall Command Line Tools (macOS 10.13)
for Xcode 10.1 without resorting to macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg.

> > Also, please show me the output of the following commands:
>
> Sure:
>
> $ pkg-config --cflags --libs "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"
> -I/opt/local/include/libxml2 -L/opt/local/lib -lxml2
> $ pkg-config --variable pcfiledir "libxml-2.0 > 2.6.17"
> /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
>
> (MacPorts as a rule requires dependencies to come from other MacPorts
> packages; the emacs-mac-app port depends on the libxml2 port, which
> would be installed in /opt/local, so as far as I can tell this output
> is correct.)

Thanks.  There seems to be no problem with them.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden