Re: RFC: Adding BBDB to Emacs core

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: RFC: Adding BBDB to Emacs core
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 09:26:11 -0400

> A simple scheme could be a policy for naming development and release
> branches of packages in the ELPA git repository (beyond the current
> "externals" branches for individual ELPA packages), combined with tools
> that allow one to access one or the other version of a package.

I've had in my TODO list to add a "bleeding edge GNU ELPA" for a while
and that plan is much simpler than the above: just build this
alternative GNU ELPA archive from "master" by disregarding the
"Version:" header.

Currently, the only "official" way for users to use such a bleeding edge
archive is to clone elpa.git and do "make" inside it (it takes a few
more steps: check the README).

        Stefan