Re: Any interest in making Emacs available on Flathub?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Any interest in making Emacs available on Flathub?
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 02:10:42 -0400

  > I would like to have GNU Emacs available in the Flatpak [1] format.

We need to think about whether it raises any ethical issues.

What systems can a Flatpak package run on?

What software is needed to make a Flatpak?  Is any of it nonfree?
What software is needed to run one?  Is any of it nonfree?

  > To get going with this, I have written a simple flatpak packaging [2] of
  > Emacs, and based on a few days of testing it seems to be working pretty
  > nicely for my needs.

If you've done this with solely free software, that answers the first two
questions in a good way.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.