Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 29006a6: Detect if a message can be encrypted a

From: Damien Cassou
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master 29006a6: Detect if a message can be encrypted and add an MML tag
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 13:44:13 +0200

Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
> run-hooks: Symbol’s function definition is void:
> message-add-encrypt-tag-if-can-encrypt when sending a email.

right. I will send a patch fixing the NEWS entry. Thanks for the report.

> 1) It adds the MML tags even if the recipients key is disabled.

I don't know what "the recipients key is disabled" means.

> 2) More complicated: The UI does not provide a means to
> temporarily not use encryption (when e.g. you know your
> correspondent is on vacation and reads email on a smartphone
> without decryption facilities).  The only way to send an
> unencrypted email to a recipient for whom I have the
> corresponding pub key, is to delete
> message-sign-encrypt-if-all-keys-available from message-send-hook
> before sending.

I agree. We could add a boolean buffer-local variable that the user
could toggle with something like `M-x
message-toggle-sign-encrypt-if-all-keys-available`. This would only
affect the current buffer. What do you think?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill