Re: Split `simple.el'?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: Split `simple.el'?
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 19:45:42 +0200

John Wiegley writes:
> On a similar note, I've been meaning to rebind C-h h, because every time I
> mistakenly hit it, Emacs completely locks up for about 30 seconds as it
> fetches all those various Unicode characters to display. How long does that
> take for you?

About 10 seconds on a fairly speedy Haswell box; just the first time
around, when the fonts are already loaded and the glyphs cached the same
buffer appears almost instantaneaously.  A fresh second instance of
Emacs will load all fonts again, though.

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff:
http://Synth.Stromeko.net/DIY.html