Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: feature/integrated-elpa 4f6df43 15/23: README added
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 20:54:53 +0200

Phillip Lord writes:
>> Paackage.el has it's own limitations which unfortunately are also
>> highlighted by Org.  Some of the files that go into ELPA Org are
>> actually generated by an upstream makefile so that the tarball that ELPA
>> distributes can be successfully installed within those limitations.
>
> Do tell. Which files are generated?

Package.el cannot deal with a two-tiered autoloads structure, so
org-loaddefs.el must be distributed (the first-level org-autoloads is
generated by package.el).  The other generated file is org-version.el.

> Using package.el in core would force us to fix these things, I think,
> which is a good thing!

No other package on ELPA uses such an autoload structure AFAIK.  In
general, package.el or ELPA doesn't expect that anything needs to be
generated (save the .elc files).

Regards,
Achim.

DIY Stuff: