Re: Concurrency, again

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Concurrency, again
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 08:47:59 -0400

>> I think it needs more than just a little work. I spoke to Tom on the
>> phone last year, and we both agreed it's not a foregone conclusion
>> that that branch represents the right way of approaching concurrency
>> for an application like Emacs.
> We will never know if we don't try it.

I tend to agree that it's probably not The Right Way.
But I also don't think that The Right Way is anywhere within sight.
Maybe 20 years from now the situation will have changed sufficiently
that something else can be considered, but for now The Right Way
involves something close to a complete rewrite, AFAIK.

IOW, I completely agree with Eli: we should fix the few remaining
issues with the concurrency branch and merge it into master.

        tefan