What's your version of Imagemagick? (was M-x eww performance)

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: What's your version of Imagemagick? (was M-x eww performance)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 10:56:37 -0400

Hi all,

I started the "M-x eww performance" thread yesterday in emacs-devel to
get pointers on debugging eww freezing emacs for certain websites.

Based on the feedback, I opened this debbugs:

You can review the discussion over there and provide some input if you can help.

Here's the summary:

- Certain web-pages launched in eww froze/crashed my emacs session
(even emacs -Q).
- So it was confirmed that it wasn't my emacs config causing any problem.
- It turned out that building emacs *without* Imagemagick prevented the problem.
- I verified later that opening multiple .png files in emacs using
plain old C-x C-f (no eww here) also recreated that emacs freeze.
- I am using Imagemagick version 6.8.9.1.

So the questions to emacs-devel are:
- Do you build your emacs with Imagemagick?
- Are able to successfully load the full web-page by doing "M-x eww
http://www.braveclojure.com/basic-emacs"; in an "emacs -Q" session?

Is the answer to the above 2 questions is yes, what is your Imagemagick version?

It might also be helpful to add the output you get from eval'ling the below:

(message "Built on %s\nConfigure options: %s\nFeatures: %s"
         system-configuration
         system-configuration-options
         system-configuration-features)

Here is what I get:

Built on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Configure options: --prefix=/home/kmodi/usr_local/apps/6/emacs/master
'CPPFLAGS=-fgnu89-inline -I/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/include
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include'
'LDFLAGS=-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib
-L/home/kmodi/usr_local/6/lib64'
Features: XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF
GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE LIBOTF XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

--
Kaushal Modi