Re: IDE

From: Evgeniy Dushistov
Subject: Re: IDE
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 14:33:18 +0300

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 06:52:55PM -0400, Eric Ludlam wrote:

> Semantic doesn't demand it's parsers be in wisent, or even in Emacs at all.
> If you have a nice Ruby grammar in Ruby, and you can convert it's internal
> data into lisp-like syntax, pulling it into the Semantic system is pretty
> easy.  What you would loose is dynamic reparsing without having to save,
> thus it may be a bit quirky.

Is any documentation about this:
- format of data that Semantic understand
- which hooks should be used to give this information to semantic,
so it can use it to colorization, completition, tags navigation etc
?

For example, if I write such code
#include <string>
int main() { std::string str; }

and call semantic-ia-fast-jump on "std::string" ede/cedet/semantic
tell me "Could not find `string'. Jump to std?"
It works in more simple case for std::vector,
but fails with std::string.

But if I ask emacs via rtags-find-symbol, all works fine and
I see
  typedef basic_string<char>    string;

So I think it would be good integrate
rtags(https://github.com/Andersbakken/rtags) (or some another existing
daemon) for such complex language as c++ and cedet.

But I can not find any clear description for external parsers usage?

--
/Evgeniy