Re: Maintainers and contributors

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Maintainers and contributors
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:04:34 +0300

On 10/22/2015 02:55 PM, Artur Malabarba wrote:

The problem is that too often these conversations rotate around the
same point without going anywhere. This message would be a way to make
sure the conversation is progressing, and not an attempt to put a full
stop on it (I see the previous version didn't communicate this well).
Note that this would only be done if the same point has already gone
back and forth twice.

I don't think number 4 would have helped in the latest incident. If the submitter is dead-set on an idea and doesn't want to heed, "we all agree on disagreeing with you" would probably spark the same reactions that we've already seen. The reviewers are tyrants, the mailing list has problems and needs a psychologist.

So I rather also put a nice list of rules somewhere that makes it clear that at some point you listen to the reviewers, or go away. Maybe with a nice of explanation of why that's important.

The amount of time wasted on that recent thread has been staggering.