Re: [ANN] New library stream.el in ELPA

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: [ANN] New library stream.el in ELPA
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 17:48:59 -0700

> Speaking from the perspective of building Emacspeak, I only feel comfortable
> using modules that are already in Core, since I dont want the average
> emacspeak user to have to pull things from elpa to get the system started
> up.

Raman, with due respect to your tremendous efforts on Emacspeak, the way that
non-Core packages are distributed should not have a bearing on what does and
does not go into Core; otherwise, we would be making our choices based on
undefinable criteria, like which packages are the most popular.

If a package is in ELPA, it can just as easily download its dependencies as
itself; if it is not in ELPA, it is outside the scope of this discussion.

John