Re: New maintainer

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 10:14:40 +0200

> I disagree, as John evidently does.  By the way, if I didn't know he
> would have self-nominated if he could, I would nominate Eli Zaretskii
> as maintainer.  Do you have a problem with him?

I'd support his nomination and I don't see any current candidate that
I'd feel more comfortable with out of the box.  However, I have the
impression that Eli is more comfortable setting accents than directions,
allowing him to voice opinions stronger than if were he responsible for
setting the overall direction and atmosphere.  I'd still trust him to
work on balancing his and the project needs but am not sure how happy
he'd be with it.

--
David Kastrup