Re: New maintainer

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: New maintainer
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 11:59:12 -0700

> Regardin two vs three, note a Triumvirate can be better in that particular
> respect. If each person has one "vote", and they're deciding on a binary
> issue, then two people can deadlock, three can't.

I appreciate the logic of this, but I think real leadership means having a
head maintainer, and a supporting co-maintainer, so that the head can always
have final decision on matters relating to direction. Otherwise, you risk
inconsistency or disgruntlement when something truly important to one
maintainer is voted down by the other two.

In short, you either trust the person you're giving primary reins to, or you
do not. Making it a rule-by-committee is not necessarily going to give you a
"three minds are better than one" result.

John