Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 00:05:48 -0700

Richard Stallman wrote:
I am running from source fetched on May 8.

May 8 predates the changes involving curved quotes, so the comments in your email don't apply to the current Emacs master. The current Emacs and Elisp manuals say how to enter curved quotes and etc/NEWS briefly notes the changes. It no longer takes 8 keystrokes (or even 4) to enter a curved quote -- I suggest using the new Electric Quote minor mode, where it typically takes just 1 keystroke. Other shorthands are also available.