Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs contributions, C and Lisp
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:13:03 -0500

    > Whatever features we put in Emacs for interacting with a compiler in
    > any fashion should work with GCC.

    Only to the extent that GCC supports that feature.

This decision applies also to features that GCC doesn't yet support.
The outcome we want is that GCC supports them and Emacs uses GCC.

Emacs should not aim to advance by helping LLVM push GCC down.

If you need specific features added to GCC, please tell me.  I will
push on the GCC maintainers to prioritize them, and Emacs developers
can help by offering patches to implement parts of them.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation