Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101338:*lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax.el(syntax-ppss)

From: E Sabof
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r101338:*lisp/emacs-lisp/syntax.el(syntax-ppss): More sanity check to catchtch
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 15:19:22 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> The first hint of a "suitable infrastructure" would be the adaptation of
> `syntax-ppss'. Where the information about region boundaries would come
> from, if not from mmm-mode? Text properties? Overlay properties? Where
> would they come from, if not from mmm-mode or similar package?

I'm not familiar with mmm-mode, but somehow the last sentance strikes me
as wrong. I don't want to use (or be aware of as a user in any case) of
an mmm (or similar) mode. I want to use org-mode with snippets from
other languages. Or maybe php-mode with html/css/js snippets.
Or html-mode with js/css. (Recursively) embeddable (normal) modes seem
to fit better conceptually. I don't know if it would make a difference
implementationally.

Evgeni