Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin

From: joakim
Subject: Re: Emacs Webapp/Plugin
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 10:30:50 +0200

> Richard Stallman writes:
>
>  > It cannot be reconciled with the goals of the free software movement,
>  > so our mission includes changing [the prospective dependence on
>  > "the cloud" that everybody predicts or at least fears].
>
> Do you have a plan for changing that you've talked about, or are
> willing to talk about?  Preferably not on this list, though, this OT
> subthread is already long enough.  And preferably a plan that doesn't
> involve jousting with windmills.  (If you have a blog post or similar,
> no need to rehash it.)

FWIW I have a personal project that I discussed on the GTA04 mailing
list. (The GTA04 is a continuation of the free phone plattform project,
the Openmoko Freerunner)

The project is basically about providing an easy method for people to
create personal clusters using free software, in its basic form
consisting of a personal server, and a portable terminal in phone or
tablet or laptop format.

In essence the project aims to provide configuration data for a
GNU/Linux distribution, so that deploying such a cluster can be an easy
matter.

The project is described here, including first iteration technical
choices for the existing implementation:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openmoko.community/61714/match=personal+cluster

--
Joakim Verona