Re: Emacs on OS X development

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs on OS X development
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 02:04:27 +0200

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

[snip]

> If we found a way for the two ports to coexist in one source tree inside
> Emacs by using #ifdefs and other mechanisms, would you keep working on
> the Mac port?  Or does it have to be a separate source tree?

I'll suggest to use different branches for every port (including MS
Windows). This way you can avoid most part of the #ifdef crazyness,
keeping the code much cleaner and responsability divisions better
defined.

A consequence of this would be to have to distribute several source
tarballs (one per port) instead of just a monolithic one, but I think it
is a lesser price to pay.

[snip]