Re: Revision 103117 on the Emacs trunk.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Revision 103117 on the Emacs trunk.
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 05:49:15 +0200

> From: Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 12:29:34 -0600
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Is it OK to bring the change back with gnus-overrides.texi and
> -DWEBHACKDEVEL?  Or are there objections still?

I still think it's wrong to have a versioned file that needs to be
modified for some optional build.  It would be better to have the
Makefile create that file (as empty) as part of the build, if it
doesn't already exist.  Then it doesn't need to e in the repository,
and developers who need to invoke WEBHACKDEVEL will simply create it
before running Make.