Re: My bzr diff output for Emacs is now 6 MB

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: My bzr diff output for Emacs is now 6 MB
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:08:48 -0500

> I did not save this one, but I have an old output from bzr diff from
> 2010-12-29 which is 6 MB. The diff is done after the merge and against
> the checked out trunk.

You probably didn't do the diff you thought you were doing.  A common
case for is to do the diff before committing: Bzr stupidly ignores the
pending merges when computing the ancestry, so a "diff -rsubmit:"
applied after a merge but before the corresponding commit will show
misleading results.

> Unfortunately the bzr diff output does not contain any details about
> what revisions was diffed. (Is not that a big omitting?)

IIRC I filed a bug about that (or added to a pre-existing bug about
that) a few years ago.  Please look for that bug and add your voice
to it.

        Stefan