Re: My bzr diff output for Emacs is now 6 MB

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: My bzr diff output for Emacs is now 6 MB
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:27:59 +0100

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>
>> Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 05:07:12 +0100
>> Cc: address@hidden

>> > What do you mean by "merging date changes"?
>>

>> The only difference I saw in several files where the date changes in
>> the headers.
>
> What do you mean by "headers"?

It was those lines that differed for every file:

;; Copyright (C) 2004-2011  Free Software Foundation, Inc.

But that was probably not all.

>> However now - after a new checkout - things seems back to normal. It
>> looks like bzr needs several turns sometimes to do the job.
>
> That'd be news to me.  But it's hard to say anything intelligent
> without seeing at least one instance of these "failed merges".

I did not save this one, but I have an old output from bzr diff from
2010-12-29 which is 6 MB. The diff is done after the merge and against
the checked out trunk.

Unfortunately the bzr diff output does not contain any details about
what revisions was diffed. (Is not that a big omitting?)