Re: Word usage

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Word usage
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 14:57:33 -0600

On Fri, 10 Dec 2010 12:24:19 -0800 "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:

DA> In particular, there are (unfortunately) lots of (smart) programmers who
are not
DA> very well versed in math.  That does not mean that they cannot understand,
given
DA> an explanation of the (in this case trivial) syntax.

You're defending a class of people that doesn't exist: smart programmers
who are bad at math and somehow missed out on interval notation, and who
now are attempting to use color.el.  There may be one in the world, I
guess...

But I will point out that the same arguments can be made in mirror form
against using an English description of the interval because smart
programmers may be bad at English.  In fact that's a more likely
scenario.

Ted