Re: Frame bugs hanging Emacs

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Frame bugs hanging Emacs
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 02:36:55 +0100

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 2:31 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I just hit one of those frame bugs on w32 I have reported previously
>> some times. This time it hanged a bit worse than before. Emacs is not
>> looping, but it is hanging so badly I can't even kill the process.
>>
>> I can't remember I have seen this before. Anyone have any idea of what
>> kind of hang this is?
>>
>> It looks like a hang in the app w32 message queue function, but I
>> thought messages to kill the process bypassed this local queue.
>
> M-x report-emacs-bug
>
> (You don't even say what Emacs version you're using.)

Thanks, but I have reported rather similar bugs many times. Without
getting any comments on the bug reports.

There is something seriously wrong with frame creation on w32, but
none of us have looked into it yet. This was probably just another
variant of the bug.

But it may be an important piece of info, perhaps, of course.