Re: colours in client on xterm (if an X frame is open at same time)

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: colours in client on xterm (if an X frame is open at same time)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 23:13:51 -0800 (PST)

Ulrich Mueller <address@hidden> writes:

  > > Green is not the default face for the modeline for any display, so
  > > something is strange in your setup.
  >
  > Right, this particular colour was taken from my X settings
  > ("*HighlightColor: DarkSeaGreen2"). I've repeated the test with empty
  > X resources, new screenshots are here:
  > <http://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/screenshot/>
  >
  > Anyway, my point was, why are the colours _different_ in the second
  > case? Especially, why is the background grey?

It should not be.   I can't reproduce it here, but by emacs is about 2
weeks old.

In the grey case, do you get something odd if you do
a describe-face for the default face?

Is this something new? Do you get the same behavior with 23.1?
If not, then doing a binary search for the patch that broke it is your
best bet...